JDBarlow's Content on RedGage

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why a Democrat?

We all have our political affiliations and as such, we each have our own carefully thought out justifications for why we vote and for whom we vote. As such, I felt it would be of benefit for each of us to have a better grasp of what the differing political parties actually stand for and why people associate with them. Today’s focus will be that of why I am a Democrat and how I can make you one also. The world of the Democrat is one of constant strife for a playing field that is level and just, for without that “level playing field” there can be no fairness and without fairness, how is one to succeed in this constantly evolving world of ours?

Let’s begin with the basic tenant of why I am a Democrat! I believe in fairness in all aspects of life for all of those who are part of this great nation of ours. For without that childhood notion of fairness that we all have, where would we be? Is it not fair for everyone to have the same access to a job regardless of their qualifications? Those who demand that I be able to read, write, use a computer, much less show up on time and on a regular basis for the job for which I have been hired are simply the bigots and racists who have bedeviled our society since its formation over 200 years ago. When they terminate me for my sloth are they not being unfair? I can name a hundred others who would do just as bad of a job! It is unfair for any company to take away my income that I so desperately need in order to pay my bills. After all, it is my job and I can use it anyway I want! I want politicians who understand my needs and are willing to use the force of government to assure me of a “living wage” no matter what my true worth.(read more here)

Redgage picture of the day-----dock

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment